IACR 2017 Election
ResultsThe 2017 election was held to fill three of nine IACR Director positions. 618 ballots were cast (39.6% of 1559 eligible voters). The results are below, with elected candidates marked in bold :
- Tancrède Lepoint : 330
- Masayuki Abe : 301
- Moti Yung : 283
- Josh Benaloh: 227
Candidates for Election in 2017
The following candidates for three IACR Director positions are listed in a randomly selected order.
- Tancrède Lepoint
- As your IACR board member, I will (1) foster fruitful relations among our theoretical & practica l researchers, industry, and standards, (2) improve the online services provided by the IACR (fr ont- and back-end), and (3) further develop the open and international dissemination of our resu lts and code.
- Josh Benaloh
- I have had the privilege of serving on the IACR Board for 17 years - as an officer, a conference chair, and a director. We have grown and addressed many challenges in those years, and we have many new challenges today. I seek the opportunity to continue working for the community.
- Moti Yung
I like to continue supporting IACR's growth and increased excellence, to assure the special needs of individuals and all sub-communities (e.g., CHES, TCC). We need diversity of opinions, geographies, genders, and scientific areas, to assure continued success. Serving last term was a pleasure mixed with modest progress!
- Longer statement: none given
- Candidate home page: none given
- Masayuki Abe
- I have been serving the Board of Directors for three years and am currently serving the School Committee and Asiacrypt Steering Committee. Many changes have been made over the years. I would like to support the trend and contribute to the community using my experience.