Membership in the International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR) is open to all persons supporting the purpose of IACR, which is to further research in cryptology and related fields.
Membership benefits include:
- online access to all IACR publications
- eligibility to run for IACR leadership positions and vote in IACR elections
- eligibility to nominate and be nominated for IACR Fellows
- supporting your international scholarly society
- receiving newsletters and notifications about events
- optional paper subscription to the Journal of Cryptology
There are three categories of membership:
- Regular membership (USD$50/year)
- Student membership (USD$25/year)
- Student membership is open only to students enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution. We may contact you for proof of student status.
- Senior membership
- A member can become a senior member in the calendar year following the year in which he or she has reached the age of 65, provided that he or she has been a voting, regular, or student member for at least twenty years (not necessarily consecutive).
- Senior membership will be automatically renewed and no membership dues need to be paid.
- Members can apply for senior membership by submitting a request to the Membership Secretary.
We do not have an option for corporate membership. However, we glad accept sponsorship of IACR events. For more information, contact the general chair of the event you are interested in sponsoring or the IACR President.
When you attend an IACR conference or symposium in year X, you become a member of the IACR for year X+1, unless you opt out at registration time. You may also become a member of the IACR for year X by directly signing up for IACR Membership between October 1, year X-1 and September 30, year X.
Am I already a member?
If you attended an IACR conference or symposium in the past, then you would have become a member the for calendar year following the event (unless you opted out at registration time). You can access your account via the login page to check your membership status or contact the Membership Secretary for assistance.
If you attended only an affiliated workshop or tutorial at an IACR conference, then you would not have paid the IACR fee and would not have become a member.
Become an IACR Member!
Become an IACR member for 2022
Update your information